2014 Winter Olympics
Our brand new Winter Olympic Games kicked off right before the new year. And with all the snow that’s fallen, it’s going to be our best yet! Check out our new games below. We look forward to see you by the Lake!
- All Aboard – The smallest 5 people on each team will line up at the top of our hill behind a cone. In the middle of the hill 1 team member will stand holding the big tube and the other 4 players will be at the bottom of our hill. When we say “Go” the 1st person in line (of the smaller teammates) will run down and get in the tube. Once they are in the tube the next person will go and so forth until all 5 teammates are in the big tube. At that point the person holding the tube will push it down the hill. When the tube gets to the bottom of the hill (where the other 4 team members are standing) those 4 people and the person who was holding the tube will pull/push the tube back up the hill (with their 5 teammates in it). The clock stops when the tube is back at the top of the hill.
- Snow Tube Net & Catch - 8 teammates will line up at the top of our snow tube tower with a tube and a ball. The other two teammates will stand in the middle of our snow tube hill holding a pool skimmer. When our ref says “Go” one at a time the 8 teammates will tube down the hill. While tubing down the hill each teammate will throw the ball and attempt to land it in the skimmer. If they do so successfully we will deduct time from their run. This is a timed event to see how fast everyone can tube down the hill and get back up to the top.
- Snowman Game – Teams of 10 will split up 5 and 5 at the bottom of our hill, with the 1st 5 holding plungers. At the top of the hill we have made toilet seats that look like snowmen. When the clock starts one at a time the 1st 5 teammates will run up with the plunger and place it in the toilet seat (so it looks like the snowman’s nose). Once all 5 noses are in then the other 5 teammates will run up and take the noses out. This is a timed event to see how fast teams can complete the event.
- Mario Game – This is a head to head match-up where teams will line up smallest to tallest at the bottom of our hill. At the top of the hill we have made a box that looks like a Mario ? box. Each time our ref will blow the whistle and the 1st person in each line will race to the top and attempt to hit the box before their opposing team. If they do a coin will light up and they will earn a point for their team. The team with the most points at the end wins.
- Tic Tac Snow – This is a head to head match up game where teams will throw Frisbees at our extra-large tic tac toe board attempting to get a “tic tac toe”. Once a tic tac toe is achieved we will clear the board and start over (the winning team will receive a point for a victory). The team will the most victories within our time limit wins.
- Eskimo Foosball – This is a head to head matchup. We have placed large poles in the ground that each team member will hold onto. The area is set up exactly like a foosball table. Teams will play foosball soccer against each other for 3 minutes and the team with the most points at the end wins!