April 4th – 6th
This April, we are asking you to help us make a difference for those affected with Type 1 diabetes at our “Carnival for a Cause”.
Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults, and was previously known as juvenile diabetes. Only 5% of people with diabetes have this form of the disease.
In type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. With the help of insulin therapy and other treatments, even young children can learn to manage their condition and live long, healthy lives.
We have a personal connection here at Woodloch, as the Granddaughter (Jillian) of our Social Director Joey Ranner was diagnosed with T1D in November of 2011.
- All New – Diabetic Cooking Class
- Special Karate Demonstration – “Break-A-Board-A-Thon” our special instructors are taking sponsorships and will donate that money t0 JDRF. This is a MUST SEE event!
- Family Carnival with All New Great Activities
- “Dance-A-Thon” – Sponsor the Woodloch Staff and raise money in the Dance-A-Thon
- and all the other great Woodloch activities you love!
C/O Joey Ranner
731 Welcome Lake Rd.
Hawley, PA 18428
(please make check out to JDRF)